Monday, December 12, 2011

The Forbidden Zone along two rivers at deep camp

In the forbidden zone
The forbidden zone is the watershed area for both the Withlacoochee River and the Hillsborough River. I actually believe I found the demarcation point for both rivers. That is where this image above was taken. I was in the forbidden zone and it was one hour before sunset and I was alone. I was miles from nowhere and there were no cyber-bullies, posters, commenter's on blogs that use the work "Bigfoot" or "Sasquatch" in their handles even though they have never been in the woods but want to rip me for taking risk.

Looking into the Forbidden Zone from the camp
Before sunset, I could hear tree breaks coming from this area when I was back at camp (about 200 feet away).  I was able to forge a trail along the river bank and find an area of cypress knees and a fallen tree that if you could, you would find your way directly into the forbidden zone. Do you think that stopped me. No. I put a camera and went back to camp and let it run. There are growls recorded and I will release them soon.

I am alone at this campsite in the Green Swamp
Keep in mind this is the very area a hiker in this Green Swamp tract vanished a few years ago and his body was never found. Subsequently, the area was closed to the public and it has remained that way since.


1 comment:

  1. Tim, the forbidden zone isn't that forbiden. If you go west along the riverbank for about a quarter of a mile, you'll see a large tree that has fallen across the river. It's a little tricky, but you can walk over it.

    I spent about 1/2 hour on the other side and saw no signs of a squatch. However, the area had been really torn-up by wild hogs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...