Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Deep Florida Jungle Hunt For Skunk Ape

This swamp area of jungle was so humid, look at the moss that is growing on this palm tree. The humidity is so thick you can cut it with a knife. The temperatures lately have been near 80 but they should be cooling off over the Thanksgiving holiday. That would be a welcome relief for us Floridians.
I spent several hours going way out into this track. I captured on video the audio of three separate knocking episodes. I have a new theory about "tree knocking" in Florida. I think that palm frontons are being used. They are easy to pick up off the ground, they are hard, and smacked against another palmetto bush, they sound loud indeed. Forest floor wood is to wet and eroded to do much good.

I also believe that I may have picked up a human imitation vocal. Something seemed to be following me on a parallel track. I kept hearing something coming from my right. In fact, I point to the area at the moment the sound "oh, come now" is heard. I think that is what they said.

The video is over nine minutes long but it is important to watch the whole thing to get the feel of what is going on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim,I notice you don,t attempt any woodknocking, with it as silent as it is in the Video,I would have thought it an ideal opportunity, just a thought.
    Mike (uk)
    michaelbrogs@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...