Thursday, March 29, 2012

Does Skunkape kill its prey like this?

This was from Enigmaticanomalies.com

Today Kevin spent a good part of the day assisting Tim Fasano with trail-cam recovery. It was a beautiful day for a hike in the swamp and surrounding woods.
Upon finding one of the trail-cams they were both excited to see that the camera had picked up 93 images!

Please log on to http://www.seminoleproject.com to see these photos when they are uploaded.

During the hike Kevin found a couple of different odd things. The first thing I found was the skull of some small animal. At this time I am not sure what it is but I am sure there is someone out there who can identify it. Please help me as I am not a trained biologist!

The second is the back half of a hog. It was cleanly severed in half with only a small tear near the ribs. There was no blood on the ground and there was no sight of the front half of the pig.

I don't think this was done by a person as who would purposely leave the ham and ribs? It appeared to be twisted in half after its' back was broken. I don't know if a bear would kill like this or not but I am hopping that there might be someone who can shed some insight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...