Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Butterfly and the Bigfoot


A butterfly garden on a nature trail

I took advantage of the first cold front of the season that made its way into central Florida by going out on a nature trail that I have not been able to access for months because of the bugs and the heat index. I do nature photography and I saw a Monarch butterfly. These insects are not easy to photograph because they will not just stop and pose for you. I had my camera on a tight macro setting and waited for the butterfly to make its way onto a flower and took many stills to make sure I got the one I wanted. Most of the butterfly shooting fails to get a good image.

The prospect of Bigfoot was not far away. The conditions were still very bad with the bugs and the still high humidity. In a couple of weeks it should be just perfect for Bigfoot season in Florida.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...