Thursday, December 17, 2009

Skunk Ape Footprints Found Along Cow House Creek

I found a series of footprints of a primate along Cow House Creek (a tributary of the Hillsborough River) near Tampa Florida. I found them the day before when I was scouting and had left my media card at home, rendering my camera useless.

I returned the next day and I am thankful the prints where still in good shape when I relocated them.

I have no way of casting prints at this point, however, I did get a good series of still shots like the one here. There were a total of three prints lined up headed for the river bank. I guess they come in at night to drink. The water is rather nasty for my taste, but they must need it to survive.

I posted this video about it on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...